Sunday 11 July 2021

Vacci Nation. Really?

 I've been in Auckland for a few days and my mate is dropping me off at the airport. He had told me earlier a day ago that he had had his COVID-19 injections. He said the last one left him feeling sick for a couple of weeks. I ask him a few questions, ones I've been itching to ask the public: Do you know what's in it I ask him. No he doesn't. I say me neither. He asks, looking suspiciously at me " You're not an Anti-Vaxxer are you?" I say I don't want you to put me in a box along with flat-earthers. I plead with him to avoid the trap whereby we can't listen to each other because we have gone for labels. 

I do tell him that vaccines contain preservative, dispersants. I tell him that they avoid the natural wall of the skin and the lungs by being injected directly into the blood stream. I talk about how effective a vaccine is if a man, having had his full COVID-19 vaccinations was able to initiate national panic stations when he introduced the new virus variant into this country. Nothing in the news from our journalists and national media. It's almost like it's a given that is all awesome. All we have to do is stick a needle in and we're in business. 

We've let our critical minds be silenced by the hypnotic soothing monotone of head prefect Ashley Bloomfield counterpointed by the endless nervous chattering of microbiologist and head-girl-next door Siouxsie Wiles. And the unwillingness of the media to entertain dissent or even mild debate, so convinced are they of their argument. And in doing so, that they will betray even their own journalistic code of ethics.

It's become treasonous to ask a question in the face of what is seen to be right, true and infallible. And you're also seen to be 'selfish' if you don't vaccinate, whereas it's entirely possible that you could be acting in the national interest by not vaccinating. And is it 'selfish' to act in a way that tried to protect one's health, when you have evidence that it may compromise or damage your health?

I say to my friend I have to go. I'm two minutes late for the final check in for my flight. I am allowed on, after being chastened and warned that next time I'll have to forgo my flight.

I am hoping that, when the time comes for courage; when the lynchmob who are dressed in patriotic uniforms are breaking down my door- that I can say "I just have a few questions".

No comments:

Post a Comment