Educating a kid
- You get a kid and you sit there,saying nothing.At this point remove any limiting beliefs such as,"I'm gonna break his spirit" or "All kids are bad unless we do something to them/for them". Ok well done. Now, listen, look and feel your feelings (a tried and true permaculture principle).Great!Almost home!
- Get out of the way.
- Have some resources ready. These can be people,things,tools,books.Hint: If you havent got them ready,dont panic! Make a plan to find some.
- Watch out for lurking populist ideas which reinforce getting what you want while making the kid believe you are helping them eg Nigel Latta,Steve Biddulph
- Watch out for ideas that suggest more is better (homework and staying longer) and earlier is better (teaching babies).
- If they are interested show them what you are doing and how you do it.
- If they are not interested,you are unsuitable for this position and its better for everyone that you quietly slink away and find something else to do.